|This product has been discontinued. It can no longer be found in retail stores.|
40 XLR discs
|Average Retail Price(s):||
It is capable of slam firing, meaning that discs could be shot off at a higher rate. The high ammo capacity of its drum compliments this feature, similar to blasters such as the Raider CS-35. The priming handle also looks similar to that of the Raider's. It was first released on June 12th, 2012.
It will be re-released in Fall 2018 as part of the Vortex VTX line-up.
Firing Demonstration Edit
- A Hasbro employee had somehow obtained a Pyragon long before its release date. The employee's son's channel, cckuczerkids, decided to make a review of the blaster itself. Unfortunately, the video was taken down from YouTube. The channel BasicNerf had since re-uploaded it onto YouTube. Until June 15th, 2012, it was the only video of the Pyragon that had been released to the public.
- During the night of June 14th–15th, 2012, Hasbro released a video of the Pyragon on their website. The video is still available, at least to some people.
- The Retaliator shoulder stock will not work with it.
- The word "Pyragon" seems to be a combination between the words paragon (a person of exceptional merit) and pyro (pertaining to fire), which matches the Pyragon's flaming color scheme.
- The Pyragon is considered to be the most powerful blaster in the Vortex line. This is because it has an extremely powerful torsion spring.